Positive Thoughts Lead to a Positive and Happy Life
by Michael Corthell
Peace, love, and joy. How can everyone attain and keep them? First of all, I can tell you how not to find them or how to lose these three things once you have found them — by having a negative mindset. Be positive in thought and action always.
There are certain things you have to do in order to create a positive mindset. Your new, joy-filled and happy life awaits you by discovering how to keep your thoughts positive, and by having a positive mindset.
''The fruit that the Spirit(God) produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things.''
— Galatians 5:22-23
First, you must CHOOSE to think positively. Then have a look at these suggestions:
1. First, realize and remember always, that your thoughts create your life, in fact, they determine what your future becomes. Your life becomes what your thoughts make it.
2. Revenge, no. Never try to get even with your enemies. Love them instead. God is the one who takes care of all that. You have heard of Karma, have you not?
3. Expect ingratitude. Give for the joy of giving, expecting nothing in return. If you don't follow this advice you will create resentment, which is a negative thought process that may lead to thoughts of revenge. See how that works?
4. Count your blessings – not your troubles. Be grateful for what you have, not what you don't have. What you don't have, you don't have for a reason. If you want a thing, figure out first if you really, really need it.
5. Be yourself. Do not imitate others. There is only ONE of you! God created you for a specific purpose. The Universe does not like counterfeits. Being someone you're not is lying to the world. If you truly want to not be yourself (temporarily) try acting.
6. Always profit from your losses. (then they really aren't losses!) Learn from your mistakes. Remember that if you're not making mistakes you are not learning, progressing or succeeding.
7. Be a blessing. Create happiness for others. Be a blessing to at least two people today. Yourself first and then at least one other person. That is a successful day. (if you suffer from depression, this seventh way is very, very important because it is impossible to stay depressed if you are committed to making others happy)
8. Pray. YES, always and continually. Pray for it and wisdom and understanding shall be yours. For many people, prayer is just something that is recited, and by limiting it to that, you will miss the whole point, because prayer is infinitely more than that. It is tapping into the Infinite Intelligence of the Universe(GOD). And my friends and fellow travelers are where the good stuff is. God, if you ask, will give you all the POWER you need to do all that you need and want to do. Ask for forgiveness, knowledge, and wisdom. But do remember to be grateful. Everyone likes to be thanked, even God.
''Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.''
— Matthew 7:7-8
What makes a happy and healthy life?
by Robert Waldinger
What keeps us happy and healthy as we go through life? If you think it's fame and money, you're not alone – but, according to psychiatrist Robert Waldinger, you're mistaken.
As the director of a 75-year-old study on adult development, Waldinger has unprecedented access to data on true happiness and satisfaction. In this talk, he shares three important lessons learned from the study as well as some practical, old-as-the-hills wisdom on how to build a fulfilling, long life.
Post a Comment