Unraveling Gaslighting and Other Manipulative Schemes
'Gaslighting' is a manipulative tactic that goes beyond the boundaries of ordinary propaganda. It deliberately intertwines falsehoods with seemingly credible and acceptable facts, aiming to warp people's sense of reality and sow doubt in their own memories of past events. This psychological maneuver is highly dangerous and has often been linked to abusive dynamics in personal relationships. However, alarmingly, it is now being observed on a much larger scale, impacting society at large.
1. Tell you extraordinary blatant lies(very often the 'Big Lie'over and over).
2. Deny they ever said something, even when you have proof(even video).
3. Use what is near and dear to you as ammunition against you.
4. Wear you down over time.
5. Use actions that do not match their words.
6. Throw in positive reinforcement to confuse you(flowery praise).
7. Understand fully that confusion weakens people.
8. Project their own shortcomings and sins on you.
9. Try to align people against you.
10. Tell you or others that you are crazy.
12. Call you derogatory names. (Crooked Johnny, Lyin' Lorretta etc)
Gaslighting: Abuse That Makes You Question Reality